Saturday, November 6, 2010

Things my Mom use to Say!

     As children we are in such a rush to grow up. You want to make your own rules without having to answer to anyone. Then you become an adult and can’t help but think back to the days when times and decisions were simpler. When I was a child I swore that my mother didn’t know what she was talking about. It wasn’t until I became a mother myself that I realized she was probably the smartest women I’ve ever known! These are the Top 10 saying that I swore I would never say to my own children…until I had my own children…now they are part of my daily routine!

1. As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.

2. Money doesn’t grow on trees. 

3. Shut that door! I'm not heating (or air conditioning) the whole neighborhood! 

4. When I was a little girl...

5. When you have your own house then you can make the rules! 

6. I’m not feeding the whole neighborhood! 

7. Think of those poor starving children in Africa!

8. Do you think we own the electric company?

9. Your too young, ask me again in a few years.

10. Why? Because I said so, that's why!

1 comment: