Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My daughters Mullet & Iced Pumkin Cookies

    So yesterday while talking to my mother on the phone my daughter decided to cut off her hair! Yes ladies and gentleman...she butchered it! I know have a 3 1/2 year old daughter with a mullet, and I'm very upset. I know that I should have been more upset that she was playing with scissors, or thankful that she didn't cut herself but nope...I was so angry that her beautiful hair was gone. The hair that took us almost 4 years to actually grow...she now looks like a boy!


Last Month before the "incident"
     Looking back now I guess I could have handled my reaction better, but in the heat of the moment all I could do was yell. Not directly at her but to the world and anyone who could her me. Mostly "Oh my Goodness she looks like a boy" and "Its ruined, we can't fix that!". Me getting upset resulted in her getting upset. So I calmed myself down, ran to the store and bought as many headbands and clips as I could find. I told her that it was okay because she was going to look beautiful after we fixed it.

Directly after...patches of hair missing!

     So this morning we headed to the hair salon and the lady ensured me that they deal with this kind of thing all the time. She talked to Anjali about visiting the salon next time she wanted a haircut and showed me the best way to comb her hair to cover the bald patches. So after the salon we came home and baked Homemade pumpkin Pies...nothing better than a yummy homemade treat and a wonder smelling house! 
After the salon...and a combover!

Yummy Pumpkin Pies!

     I know in time I will look back and laugh about the whole thing but for now I just want to forget about it. Tomorrow's ballet class will be interesting! I do know that in the future when my daughter is crying to me that her baby cut off her beautiful hair....I can now say "That's what you get"! Tomorrow we will be lifting my spirits with yummy Iced Pumpkin cookies...enjoy!

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup butter, softened 
1 1/2 cups white sugar  
1 cup canned pumpkin puree 
1 egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Icing
2 cups confectioners' sugar 
3 tablespoons milk 
1 tablespoon melted butter 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside. 
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly. 
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork. 
4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment