Saturday, October 9, 2010

Babies & French Toast

     Today I became an Aunt for the first time. I am the oldest of 5 children and my husband is the oldest of 7 children…it’s a big family! We were the first ones to marry and to have children. Until today when my little brother had his first baby, a son. On Saturday October 9, 2010 at 9:51am Trevor James Keith Hartzell came into the world! He is a perfect little pumpkin.




     Now that I've had my chance to show off my perfect new nephew, I'll move on. This past week was very busy. I have been busy meal planning, and trying to find some new extra ways to be more productive. This week I bought 2 ½ dozen eggs on sale for $3.49 and a loaf of bread for .99 cents. I bought them specifically to make French toast sticks for weekday breakfast. This way even if we are running behind in the morning my son can still get a hot healthy breakfast before school.


     So 12 eggs and 18 slices of bread later we have 18 yummy slices of French toast. I like to use the pizza cutter to cut each slice into 4 strips. The end result…72 French toast sticks for morning breakfasts during the school week. They keep well in the freezer, are easy enough for my son to prepare, costs less than buying them in the store, and I know what ingredients my kids are eating!


     So maybe now that I have a few extra minutes in the mornings I'll be able to make myself a cup of coffee before heading out for the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment